LOUISE’S RESPONSES TO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:
If re-elected, what changes would you propose in order to increase student achievement in Gwinnett’s schools?
Louise: I will:
- advocate mandated Kindergarten,
- advocate early Pre-K Intervention,
- strive to close the achievement gap in third grade,
- continue to support a rigorous curriculum to address the needs of all our students,
- strive to increase numbers of students graduating
- assure our citizens of a continued accountability for results,
- continue to address the strengths and weaknesses of each student and to make sure our teachers receive staff development in the critical fields, as needed, and in our core curriculum.
Louise: Technology will expand the walls of our classrooms and student achievement. Our teachers will work collaboratively maximizing student’s goals and achievements. There will be efficiency and automation of grading.
It will strengthen the home, school, and teacher relationship through constant access to information. Technology will prove invaluable to teachers to identify student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Please describe the GCPS School Board’s past performance.
Louise: Gwinnett County School Board has saved millions of dollars for citizens over the past years because of our accountability and Triple “A” bond rating. We must continue to be good stewards for our taxpayers. What specific qualifications would you bring to the work of the Board of Education to distinguish you as a candidate?
Louise: I have:
- a proven track record of stable leadership and of years of attendance, of being present to handle the citizens’ business for our public schools of Gwinnett, and of being accessible to citizens with concerns,
- worked with Partnership Gwinnett and networked with agencies to meet the needs of the district I serve,
- operated programs in English and Literacy for parents and families so parents can assist their children,
- offered programs for thousands of students needing academic assistance,
- a thorough understanding the complex budgets of federal, state and local governments, and
- demonstrated leadership and understanding of the critical issues.